During my first session of Ask America's College Counselor in 2024, I answered questions from students and parents from across the country on topics like course selection, recommendation letters, summer planning, and much more!
If you missed this month's Facebook Live Q&A, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- Is it a good idea for a computer science major to ask their AP Computer Science Principles teacher for a recommendation letter?
- If you don't think you're going to do well on an AP exam, is it better not to take the exam?
- Are most colleges remaining test-optional since the pandemic?
- Is the FAFSA required for merit scholarships to be awarded?
- What can a student who loves English and literature do over the summer to enhance their college applications?
- Do colleges prefer a traditional history course or is it okay to take an ethnic studies course or AP Human Geography instead?
- What do colleges think about the AP Capstone diploma?
- What are your tips for choosing who to ask for recommendation letters?
- Is it okay if a student only does sports and no other extracurricular activities?
- What are your thoughts on college rankings?
- Do students have a chance at getting into a top school without a perfect GPA?
- What is your perspective on submitting test scores?
(Note: If you're unable to view the video below, click here to watch!)