My Facebook Live Q&A in March garnered college admissions questions from parents and students across the country on topics like letters of recommendation, test-optional colleges, admissions decisions, and much more!
If you missed this session of Ask America's College Counselor, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- Do you need more than two letters of recommendation?
- What is your strategy for submitting SAT scores to test-optional schools?
- How do you feel about paid summer programs that are highly competitive with only around 10% of students getting selected?
- Should you send a resume to the teachers who will write your letters of recommendation?
- How do this year's admissions results compare to last year's?
- What is your opinion on retaking the ACT after an initial score of 34?
- Is "test-optional" truly an option? Do you still have an equal opportunity to be accepted without sending scores to test-optional schools?
- Is entry to highly selective schools easier as a transfer student?
- Are you able to appeal merit scholarships?
- What advice would you give to high school juniors who don’t know what they want to study in college?
- How many times do you recommend a student take the SAT?
(Note: If you're unable to view the video below, click here to watch!)