During my March Facebook Live Q&A, a ton of great college admissions questions came in on topics like financial aid, test scores, social media, and much more!
If you missed this session of Ask America's College Counselor, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- What’s the best wording for a virtual school sports season due to COVID restrictions?
- How do we balance applying Early Decision to a school when there are financial concerns involved?
- What is the difference in acceptance rates for applicants who submit test scores vs. those who do not?
- My daughter has an almost non-existent social media presence. Will this hurt her in the college application process?
- What are the benefits of college honors programs?
- Which scores matter more for college admissions: AP scores or SAT/ ACT scores?
- How do you determine likely, target, and reach schools when the data is so different this year?
- We are appealing our financial aid offer. Should we send the offer from the best college or all colleges that have offered more money?
- Any advice for class of 2023? What trends do you predict could develop in higher education admissions in the next two years?
- What should you do if your high school does not offer many AP courses?
- My senior daughter has some fantastic scholarship offers, but her dream school didn’t offer any. Do you recommend appealing?
- My high school does not assign class rank. How will colleges view this?