During March's Facebook Live Q&A, I answered questions from families on topics like course selection, test-optional policies, letters of recommendation, and much more!
If you missed this month's session of Ask America's College Counselor, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- What are some resources you recommend to prepare for the SAT besides Khan Academy?
- If my daughter has four years of Spanish on her transcript, is it okay to drop it senior year?
- What is your advice on my son's school principal (and former teacher) writing a letter of recommendation?
- Are an applicant's chances better in Early Decision 1 or Early Decision 2?
- What is your recommendation for American high schoolers who live overseas and want to apply for elite colleges?
- My daughter wants to major in biology. Should she take AP Bio at school or self study and take the AP exam?
- What are your recommendations around declaring a student’s disability, such as dyslexia, in the application process?
- If the Common App indicates, "Teacher Evaluation: 1 Required & 1 Optional," should we submit two?
- Do AP courses greatly affect your chances of admission into college?
- What are your thoughts on how many more schools will change their test optional status (like MIT) for the fall 2023 admissions cycle?
(Note: If you're unable to view the video below, click here to watch!)