I hosted a Facebook Live College Admissions Q&A in April and answered questions on topics like majors, college essay topics, AP exams, and much more!
If you missed this session of Ask America's College Counselor, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- On the Common App, can a student list one major and then an alternate major?
- Will my sophomore's lack of participation in sports hurt her college application?
- Is it necessary for a high school student to have a LinkedIn page?
- Can students submit some AP scores and not others? How will this look to admissions officers?
- What are your thoughts on ChatGPT and the college admissions process?
- What is the best way to order extracurricular activities on the Common App?
- What is your view on creative approaches to the college essay and essay topics?
- What is your advice for a senior who is having a difficult time deciding between two schools?
- How can you write an engaging description for your activities on the Common App when you only get 150 characters per activity?
(Note: If you're unable to view the video below, click here to watch!)