During my June Facebook Live Q&A, I answered college admissions questions from students and parents on topics like college lists, test scores, college majors, and much more!
If you missed this session of Ask America's College Counselor, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- What is the latest we should have the college list and essays ready to go?
- Are your chances of being admitted better if you apply undecided or as a business major?
- How do competitive colleges view dual enrollment classes?
- How does the IB program look on college applications?
- How much preference is given to those who attend Catholic high schools in Catholic university admissions?
- Do colleges value a recommendation letter from a supervisor at an internship?
- If colleges aren’t accepting AP credits, should my child still take the AP exam?
- Is it acceptable to reach out directly to an admissions officer for demonstrated interest?
- How important is it to send AP scores to colleges?
- What should my daughter do to prepare for college as an incoming freshman in high school?
- Do colleges look at students coming from public and private high schools differently?
- Does going to a completely virtual high school have any impact on college admissions?
(Note: If you're unable to view the video below, click here to watch!)