My July Facebook Live Q&A brought questions from parents and students across the country on topics like test optional colleges, financial aid, AP classes, and much more!
If you missed this session of Ask America's College Counselor, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- Does class rank matter if your child is at a highly ranked public school?
- Do you recommend students apply Early Decision even if their first choice school is a reach?
- Do SAT scores still matter for admission to more elite schools this year? Do they matter for merit money?
- What are your thoughts about declaring a major vs. applying undecided?
- Does it hurt you if you don’t submit standardized test scores even though a school is test optional?
- Are school subject awards worth mentioning in the honors section?
- What advice would you give to Asian students applying to elite schools?
- What does it mean to "self report" your test scores?
- How do you appeal your financial aid award? Can you use offers from other colleges as evidence?
- How does it look to admissions officers if you don't report all of your AP exam scores?
- How do dual enrollment classes affect your application?
- Is there a private high school advantage over public schools for college acceptance?
- Does being a first generation student have any impact on admission?
- Is it okay to write a college essay which expands on an extracurricular or a passion that is clear in the rest of the application?