During my Facebook Live Q&A in September, I answered questions from students and parents on topics like essays, filling out the Common App, demonstrated interest, and much more!
If you missed this session of Ask America's College Counselor, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- My son is a senior and is retaking the SAT on Oct 1st. How does he submit his results?
- My daughter has won an award for sports. Will it go in the Honors section, the Activities section, or both?
- How much do colleges weigh supplemental essays versus the main essay?
- Should you still answer an optional essay regarding academic hardship if it's not applicable to you?
- What is your advice for students who take a year or two off between high school and college for health reasons?
- Do Early Decision/Early Action schools see first trimester or semester grades?
- Is it better to apply as early as possible to Early Action schools?
- Any tips on what questions to ask when a college admissions officer visits your high school?
- Is being a sports team manager worth mentioning on the activities list?
- Do colleges look at GPA progression each year or are they fixated on the 4-year GPA?
- How do you find out if a college considers demonstrated interest or not?
(Note: If you're unable to view the video below, click here to watch!)