For this month's rapid-fire Facebook Live Q&A, questions came in from students and parents all over the country on topics like the COVID section of the Common App, standardized tests, Early Decision, and more!
In case you missed it, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- What is okay to put in the COVID section of the Common App?
- Do higher Early Decision acceptance rates reflect student athletes who are recruited vs. a true general acceptance rate?
- Is it still worth it for seniors to take the SAT?
- Does it matter if you only participate in an extracurricular for junior and senior year if you have a big impact on those activities?
- Do colleges evaluate dual enrollment differently than AP classes?
- Does it hurt if a student takes an AP course but doesn’t take the exam?
- Do you recommend filling out the race section if you are white?
- Is is okay to write about your experiences during COVID in your regular essay?
- What are colleges basing admissions on this year?
- How many colleges should be on my list?
- How important is a "legacy" tag to a university?