My rapid-fire Facebook Live Q&A sessions are my chance to answer questions from underclassmen, junior, and senior parents alike. And my recent session was no different! In it, I answer questions on scholarships, financial aid, test scores, essays, and more. In case you missed it, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video!
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- If a student is applying to some schools that do not require supplemental essays and some schools that require them, should they prepare two separate main essays?
- Will scholarships let the non recipients know if they are out of the running?
- Would it be beneficial to let Regular Decision colleges know of any scholarships received during the Early Action round?
- How do colleges know how much editing and input students receive from others on their essays?
- How beneficial is it to reach out to the regional recruiter for the schools your child is interested in?
- How much should you reveal about a student who has an IEP/504? Can this be held against a student?
- Do you get likely letters for Early Decision and Early Action schools?
- When should you submit AP scores to colleges?
- Any idea if the UCs will drop the essay requirement before next year's applicant pool?
- What are the chances of a student being admitted to a college they were previously rejected from after a gap year?
- If you are happy with your SAT score, do you need to take it again?
- What are the pros and cons of applying to the honors college of a university?
- What is the most effective way to stand out when applying to highly selective colleges?
- If a student stumbles during freshman year, how significantly will this impact his or her college options?
- Do colleges recruit based on grades and test scores on Naviance or any other way?
- If a student is admitted to a college Early Decision, is the agreement binding if the financial aid package does not meet the family's needs?
- What recommendations do you have for parents concerned about college affordability?