For this month's rapid-fire Facebook Live Q&A, I answered questions on everything from COVID-19 changes, to developing a college list, to schools going test optional, and more!
In case you missed it, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- With fewer students able to take standardized tests multiple times and some not able to take them at all, do you think test score ranges at colleges could see declines in the upcoming admissions cycle?
- Should my daughter complete the COVID 19 "essay" if nothing significant has occurred?
- How much weight is placed on a student’s essay compared to the rest of their resume (scores, activities, awards/honors)?
- Will more schools start to superscore the ACT this year?
- Do you believe the Ivy League colleges and universities will truly be "test optional?"
- How should a student develop their college list?
- Are summer college level courses helpful for the college application?
- Do you think test optional will continue with the class of 2022?
- Are recruited athletes still required to take the SAT or ACT if the college is not requiring them?
- Is Early Decision binding for BS/MD programs or can we potentially back out?
- Do you think COVID-19 has affected the selection process for merit scholarships?