In this time of uncertainty, I've been getting a ton of questions from parents of all class years who are scared, upset, and nervous. That's why I decided to host a special edition Facebook Live Q&A to help answer some of these pressing questions and alleviate some worries.
In case you missed it, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video!
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- What will likely happen regarding SAT/ACT dates, Subject Tests, and AP exams?
- Nervous to make a commitment to a college if we can't visit. Any advice?
- Based on COVID-19 and several standardized testing cancellations, should my son (junior) retake his SAT or subject tests when testing opens up again?
- Is it rude or pointless to now reach out to schools asking for more merit money?
- In what ways do you think COVID-19 will affect the upcoming regular admissions decisions? Do you feel it will be more favorable for applicants due to all the surrounding uncertainty?
- If e-learning continues through the end of the year, do you have any advice for parents as our students are dealing with a new system of learning along with living during this scary and uncertain time?
- How do you think current events will affect applicant pools for the Class of 2021?
- My son's high school is going to PASS-FAIL for all courses for the remainder of the school year. Will this make a difference in evaluating a student for highly selective admissions?
- Remote schooling for last semester & seniors make grades a big unknown. Could a college withdraw an offer of admission if the final semester is not as strong as before?
- With abroad programs possibly being cancelled next year, will that impact the regular decision acceptances coming up because of space on campus?
- My current junior is unsure how to start his search. What’s the best way to work with an unsure/undirected junior?
- Is there anything special you'd recommend to current juniors?
- If we commit to one school, but we want to be considered for the schools where we are on the waitlist, do we have to pay deposits to the decided college AND to the waitlist ones?