This month, I hosted a Special Edition Facebook Live Q&A on Early Decision and Early Action! Questions came in from high school students and parents from across the country.
In case you missed it, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- Should you send in first quarter grades for early applications whether the college asks for them or not?
- Do you believe there is an advantage to applying Early Action if you are within the college's middle 50% GPA and test score ranges?
- Does applying Early Decision help at highly selective colleges like Brown?
- If my son applies Early Decision, doesn’t get accepted under his first choice major but does get accepted under his 2nd choice major, is he still bound to the contract?
- If you apply Early Decision and do not receive financial aid as estimated, is the acceptance still binding?
- If a student is deferred in the Early Action round, can they then reapply Early Decision to the same school?
- Do you anticipate that Early Decision applicant pools will be smaller this year?
- Please tell us a bit about Restrictive Early Action and any useful strategies for those colleges that have it.
- If we are still awaiting ACT/SAT scores, should we wait to apply to colleges until we have those scores?
- How are Early Decision acceptance rates impacted by students who are recruited?
- Can you apply Early Decision for one college and Restrictive Early Action to another at the same time?
- Do you think Early Decision acceptance rates at elite colleges will rise this year?