I got a ton of great questions from parents and students for my first rapid-fire Facebook Live Q&A of the new year! Questions on topics like standardized tests, financial aid, academics, and more came in fast and furious.
In case you missed it, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered during my Facebook Live Q&A and to watch the full video!
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- If my son got 1110 PSAT with no prep, what does that tell you about reasonable school levels he should target?
- My daughter just got deferred. What are her chances of getting in, and she should reach out to admissions?
- Do you have any advice about negotiating financial and merit aid?
- We are going to visit schools this spring. What do you recommend looking for on campus to see if it could be a good fit?
- Is it more difficult to get into a college if my son doesn’t have a particular major in mind?
- Is the IB diploma program worth it? Or are Honors and AP courses “enough?”
- Is the final transcript you send at the end of senior year just to make sure you graduated or do colleges potentially scrutinize the grades? Could a college take back their offer?
- How important is the reputation of your high school?
- What are your thoughts on the AP Capstone Diploma Program?
- My daughter's school allows parents to send a brag letter to the school so when the teachers are writing recommendations they have more information on the student. What would you include on a brag sheet?
- Do admissions officers value leadership?