My nights just got busier with the start of 2020. No matter what day of the week it is, I am usually meeting with high school juniors and their parents this time of year. There is something about the second half of the school year that motivates families to get moving on the admissions process.
If you are a private client of mine, I have a checklist that I go through to make sure all of my students are one step ahead. I shared this checklist and a lot more with my Application Nation families this week. If you want to see what juniors should be doing right now, here it is:
1. Plan out senior year classes.
2. Register and take at least one ACT or SAT this winter or spring.
3. Consider your major choice.
4. Consider your current teachers as potential letter-writers for you.
5. Invest in your activities.
6. Start a working document on potential essay topics for your main essay.
7. Create a starter college list and begin college visits if you haven't begun.
8. Focus on doing well in your classes during junior year.
9. Start thinking about summer plans.
RELATED READING: Why Admissions Officers Are Impressed When Students Have Jobs