During my November session of Ask America's College Counselor, I covered questions about standardized tests, applying Regular Decision, college interviews, and more!
I also made the exciting announcement that my book, SOUNDBITE: The Admissions Secret that Gets You Into College and Beyond, is now available for pre-order!
In case you missed it, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- Are admissions videos worth making?
- How much should the class of 2022 worry about SAT Subject Tests?
- Is there any benefit to applying before the Regular Decision deadline?
- If my SAT score is just within the average range should I send it?
- What are the advantages of doing Early Action compared to Regular Decision?
- Is it okay for my son to ask one of his sophomore year teachers to write his letter of recommendation? Also, does it matter if the subject matches the intended major?
- Is it true that multiple applicants from the same high school are compared to each other?
- My students are applying right now for rolling admission. Are they late in the game ?
- Is a student's disability taken into consideration when applying? Or is it better not to indicate the disability during the application process?
- What if your high school does not give AP exams? Do the advance classes count the same?
- What can my high school sophomore do for extracurricular activities during these COVID-19 restrictions?
- Do you have tips to share for admission interviews?