For my February session of Ask America's College Counselor, I answered questions on college admissions topics like financial aid, merit scholarships, diversity, and much more!
If you missed this Facebook Live Q&A, keep reading for a list of some of the questions I answered and to watch the full video.
SOME QUESTIONS YOU'LL SEE ME ANSWER:
- If you apply Early Decision 2 and then hear that you got into another school Early Action, can you withdraw the Early Decision application?
- My daughter was accepted to her dream school, but it is a little beyond my comfort level for tuition. What is the best approach to negotiate financial aid?
- Is there an online resource we can consult that breaks down all admissions info for each college?
- Do you really need a prestigious summer program to get into a top school?
- How much of of the Early Decision admitted pool is legacies and athletes?
- Do merit aid decisions come with Early Action admission decisions or do they come later?
- Would an admissions officer look at a personal website, special portfolio, or a student's LinkedIn profile?
- What is the truth about student athletes and recruiting?
- My daughter was waitlisted to her top choice’s honors college. Should she write a letter of continued interest?
- Is it true that a large number of schools are overwhelmed with women as applicants, putting female applicants at a disadvantage?
- What advice do you have for Asian American students trying to stand out?
- Where can you find real scholarships besides the school’s website?
- Will your new book Soundbite be released as an audio book as well?
- Does your Application Nation group help students one on one with essays?