Every year when July 4th fades in the distance, I feel like summer is just slipping away. There is so much I want to do before ordering new backpacks, lunch boxes, and school supplies for my kids' next school year.
I know I'm not alone. Just last week, a parent expressed what so many are feeling. She asked me if I could run through a checklist of what rising seniors should have done at this point in the summer and what's left to do.
If you are like this mom and want to make sure to stay on top of things, here are the big ticket items:
1. I encourage students to ask two academic core teachers for letters of recommendation BEFORE the end of junior year.
2. If you are a member of Application Nation - Class of 2022, you have your Soundbite written or it's in the works.
3. Students should have picked their classes for senior year.
4. An "intermediate list" of colleges should be in place right now.
5. Virtual or in-person visits should be taking place right now.
FREE DOWNLOAD: College Visit Worksheet