I can't believe it's mid-August and there's so much I still want to do before summer is over. I've been cooped up in my office working around the clock and have only been to the beach once this year. For a native Jersey girl, that's like turning your back on your roots.
Yet, there is time. Time for me to get to the beach again. And time for those seniors to get those remaining agenda items checked off their list before school starts.
1. Add a Rolling Admissions college to your list.
2. Register for any last remaining standardized tests.
3. Send an email to your college counselor and any teachers who will be writing letters of recommendation for you.
4. Begin filling out the Common Application (or whichever major application you will be using).
5. Request a transcript from your college counselor or registrar to double-check that there are no mistakes on it!
6. Finalize your main college essay.
7. Confirm your senior year classes with your college counselor in order to list them accurately on your applications.
8. Review which colleges on your list require supplemental essays.
If your main college essay is done, get started on these. Supplemental essays can be very difficult to write, and they matter just as much as the main college essay, especially if you are applying to more selective colleges.